Tuesday, July 13, 2010

How to Start a Small Business

I had been wanting to start a business of my own. However, my main problem is how to start a business. I had been researching but seemed that I could not really find the first step in order to proceed. What I did was to gather all the information that I was able to get. I asked around. I seek the advice of people who have knowledge about business. Most importantly, i seek within. I asked myself, "how can I start?" I am able to get a few steps on my own. I would like to share them with you.

Know your passion. This is a million dollar question for me. I mean it. What is it that I love doing? I had been trained in office works. I know I can write. I wanted to write. However, what business can I enter into that is in line with writing?  The bottom line is that you must be able to determine what is it that you really want to do. Looking on the bigger picture, it is good. You will make your passion as your source of income. When you love what you do, you will not be feeling like working at all. Every thing will come out naturally.

Write down your plan. Sit down. Think and focus. Ask yourself, what will I need to realize this dream. Had you planned a party? or an excursion? I am sure you asked yourself, what will I be needing? This is a situation that will happen in the future and you are pre-planning.  In fact, you might be listing the things that you should be able to accomplish. This is the same with business. Make a plan. What are the steps that you have to do? What will you need? How do you go about meeting these needs? How much is your capital? Make sure that your plan is realistic. Something that you can really do. This means that your plan can be executed with the available resources you have at the moment.
Research. Ask around. Ask opinion of the experts in business. This is going to be your guide. You can not afford to walk blind folded, right? The opinion and advice of experts will guide you in order to reach a sound plan and strategy.

Create Your Goal. Our goal is the flame that drives us. It gives us the path in order to reach our destination. Without a goal, we will be going in circles. With a goal, we will be moving in a straight, assured steps towards our objective. With a goal, we have something to hold on. With a goal, we are looking into a solid and real destination. Goal is pertinent in order to reach our objective.

So far, that is what I have in mind. My mind is actually exploring. It is searching and continuously looking for answers. As I walk my journey through my aspiration, I will share with you every bits. With the hope that I would be able to impart some information for you as I go on. With an expectation that someday, some how, any information will be useful for you as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment